Friday, January 23, 2009

School Head Ache

**Warning this is long
Well it has come to pass that it is time to enroll my children for school next year. Yes it is January and the school year won't start until mid August. With it being a choice district it takes that long to get everything figured out I guess.
I have been stressed like no other. I have been trying to figure out where to send the twins. And if I send them to a different school then what William is attending (Cresthill), should I move William. I felt a strong impression not to send the twins back to Cresthill. I felt that with what happened last year that they would have a target on their backs from the get go. I had heard a lot of good things about Southridge so I thought I would check that out. So all the schools had open houses for parents to let them check out their schools. Well Jeremiah and I went to Southridge. We felt it was better then Cresthill but I didn't feel that comforting feeling I was searching for. But I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to do. Plus it was going to be really hard to get William in. Because they were cutting back a 2nd grade class. Also if we decided to try to move William from Cresthill he would loose his spot at Cresthill. We decided to try to get the twins into Southridge and if they got in we would put William on a waiting list to get in. And if they didn't get in they could get right into Cresthill since William was there they would have priority. So I did a lot of praying to find comfort in that decision or to figure out something.
Friday I went to my friends, Kim, house to let our kids play together. She informed me that Fort Casper Academy was having an open house that evening and she was going to check it out for her little boy. I decide to check it out even though I had decided long ago not to send the kids there. They expect a lot out of their kids and I wasn't sure if my boys would do very well with all their wiggliness.
Well the second I walked in a felt comfort wash over me. ( I am crying just thinking of the feeling of relief). I sat through a presentation the principal gave. Ever time I felt a concern for my boys, from the things she said, I would feel a small voice letting me know it would be really good for them and they would be OK. I left knowing what to do for my boys. Jeremiah and I decided not to even try to keep William at Cresthill.
So now we are crossing our fingers, holding our breath and praying a lot that the boys will all get into Fort Casper Academy.
I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with the Holy Ghost. That I know he watches after us even on things that don't seem that big. That he knows all of my concerns and worries. I have always been blessed to know when something is right. I always receive a strong impression which way I should go.
I have also learned once again never to say never. Here are a few of my nevers.
-I never want twins (I still laugh so hard about this one)
- I never will live in Utah (Jeremiah felt the prompting and I followed my husband)
-I never will work while I have kids at home. (Wow I still am amazed by the way the job landed in my lap and I knew I needed to take it. Also I knew from the second I took it I would only be there 1 year. It was a really hard year. But I know with out a doubt that is what I was suppose to do).
-I never want to live in Casper again (Ha here I am)
-I will never send my kids to Fort Casper Academy.
I am sure I will find more as Heavenly Father leads me a long my road.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really hope they get in. I'm glad you had such a great experience with the whole school thing. I feel I was blessed not to go to cresthill. I'm glad we're at southridge. Good luck. When do you find out? I can't remember.

The Twelve Tribes of Muldowney said...

I Love you, Missy. Mom

Tiffani said...

I hope it all works out for the boys. Sounds like you were guided - way to follow the impressions.

Mimi said...

It is such a comfort to have the ability to be assured when something is right. Those boys are lucky to have you for a Mommy.