Monday, January 5, 2009

FHE

Tonight I was in charge of the lesson. For all those who teach the senior primary you will know exactly where I got the idea for my lesson. I started with 2 present boxes. We had Joseph leave the room and I gave the two boxes to two teams. I explained to the teams that they need to talk Joseph into taking their boxes. The teams consisted of 1. Grandma, Grandpa and Michael 2. Daddy, William, and Isabelle. When Joseph reentered the room quickly the team started shouting out thing to persuade Joseph to take their box. Things like "mine is bigger", " ours is prettier", "mine has candy in it". Joseph was running back in forth like a dog trying to decided which bone was better (he was so cute those little legs can move) As Joseph decided to take team 1s box, Daddy hit below the belt and said "mine has a kitten(his favorite thing in the world) in it" Joseph quickly changed him mind and grabbed team 2s box and open it to find no kitten. He was very sad. I quickly connected this to Joseph Smith and how when he was trying to find the right church. How different churches tried to persuade him by saying this one is better, nicer, we have the priesthood, and we are the true church of God. Then I read James 1:5 and told the kids after Joseph Smith read this he knew Heavenly Father would answer his prayer about what church was true. I then explained the First Vision. Then I told them like these boxes, the other churches were empty and didn't have a Kitten/the Priesthood and were not the true church of God. I then explain that is how our church came about and that we do have the priesthood and all its keys and that we are the true Church of God. I have never seen my boys sit so still during FHE. I could feel the Spirit very strongly and I know they could too. I am so very thankful for my Mom suggesting this to me (since she had just done the same thing the day before in senior primary), and I am very thankful for the guidance of the Spirit.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow what a great lesson idea! Perfect for little people. We love you and miss you!

Bobbi said...

that mean ol' Jeremiah. . .

I love the idea though--I might just have to use it:)