Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Resolution

I usually don't make a New Year Resolution, but this year I decided I should. We had a lesson in relief Society about 2 weeks ago and we wrote down on a index card one of Joseph Smiths traits we wanted to work on. Then we were suppose to put it somewhere we would see it everyday so we could remember to work on it. It has been really good for me. So while I was working on this one trait I was thinking about other things I need to work on and change in my life. I thought I would write it on my blog so I would look at it regularly and keep trying
1. Love my Husband more. I don't give him nearly as much love as he deserves.
2.Love my Children more. Same as above.
3. All Christmas presents will be home made and I will work on them starting now. ( I am really excited for this one. I already figured out what I want to make for Isabelle.
4. Have a strong testimony of the restoration of the Gospel.
5.Get some form of exercise every day. ( except Sunday. Well I can take a nice family stroll)
6. Read the Book of Mormon.
7. Read at least one scripture a day. Preferably 1 chapter a day.
8. Be less selfish.
9. Go out for meals only once a month. This will be a hard one for me.

I thought of some other things that I know I will break so I don't want to write those down. So here it is. The start of a better me.

4 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Good for you. I love resolutions...when I stick to them. :)

I love the new pictures of your kids. When did William turn into such a grown boy? :( It seems like yesterday that he was three.

It seems like you guys are doing well. Happy New Year.

Darlene, Brian and Fam said...

Good Luck with the resolutions! I didn't make any because I am way to lazy and a new baby is enough for the year!! Maybe after reading yours I will try to incorporate some of them into goals instead. Happy New Year!!!

Leah said...

I like the word determination better. When a cell makes a determination it physically changes so it can function and develop in a different way. Check it out in the dictionary, it's fascinating.

Tiffani said...

Thanks for sharing your resolutions. I think a homemade Christmas would be great! Way to think early.