Sunday, June 28, 2009

Who are you going to Marry?

Today Isabelle came up to me and said "Mommy I love Joseph so much. When I grow up I am going to marry him"
I took the time to explain that even though we love our brother we can't marry him.
She took some time to ponder this. She soon came back and said
"Mommy I love Joseph. I also love Isaac (her cousin). I am going to marry Isaac."
So I started over and told her we don't marry our family. But I gave her a few sugestion for some cute little boys in our ward. I am not sure if she went for that.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Such a cute girl. It's so fun to see your blog and catch up on how you are all doing.

Mickelle said...

That's adorable! I vividly remember Kate wanting to marry Marcus when they were little. You are raising a great family to love each other like that!

Kate Challis said...

Oh man, I can still remember bawling when my mom told me that I couldn't marry my older brother. At least she didn't seem to take it too hard!

Christie said...

So cute! We've had to have these discussions with our kids, too. Just the other day, Carly told me she was going to marry Myles because he's so nice.

erinmu said...

My niece Laura came in and announced to me the other day (as well as to her mom and dad) that she wanted to be a mom when she grew up and that she was going to marry Caleb because she didn't want to change her last name. She also told us that they were going to be soooo busy: two babies, two hamsters, two dogs, etc. Caleb was going to do all the work while Laura held the babies...I'm pretty sure I wanted to marry my brother Matt too.

Haibach Family said...

When I was little, I would say I was going to marry my brother marc. :)