Thursday, June 11, 2009

Joseph Surgery

Joseph's surgery went well. They only did the cataract surgery on the left eye. They were able to put in the lens and have great hopes of it taking. Joseph had a bit of a hard time waking up. He kept trying to pull off his eye patch and trying to pull out his I.V. He got a bit queasy in the car and threw up orange Popsicle in the car. In Joseph's words "the surgery made me sick and now there is disgusting orange Popsicle all over Grandma's car" (don't worry mom I already clean it up). He spent the rest of the day hanging out on Grandma and pa Stephenson's couch. He was such a good boy never complained. He never once complained of any pain and slept like an angel. I couldn't ask for anything to go any smoother.

6 comments:

Bobbi said...

Oh thank heavens everything went okay, keep us updated.

Mimi said...

This is good news Missy! We hope everything goes as well with the right eye. Love you :)

Stephanie said...

I was thinking of you all Wednesday and wondering when you'd have a sec to post. When will they do it on the right eye? I hope it keeps! See you soon. Make it home safe. The roads are going to be wet. Man, we've been getting RAIN!!

Jared and Delia said...

Good to hear. Poor guy.

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad that all went well. Hopefully it all continues to go well. Joseph sounds like a trooper (and I know you are too!)

Christie said...

So glad to hear!