Sunday, November 1, 2009

What did you eat for Halloween?

I love having special things to eat for Halloween. We started off the feasting the night before with Dinner in a pumpkin.
This year I used pie pumpkins and it was so much better.
For breakfast we enjoyed a very healthy breakfast of Shredded Wheat. Not exciting enough to take a picture of.
For lunch we started off with Hors d'Oeuvres of Rabbits Brains
The kids wouldn't even touch this. (It was breaded eggplant but I had to give it a fun name)
For the main course Mummy Dogs
We didn't have a small enough mustard bottle so the faces didn't turn out. But you get the picture.
With our meal we enjoyed a nice bubbling broth of Witches Brew.Michael was very disturbed by everything and said he wouldn't eat any of it. But as he saw me making everything he realized it was all fun.
For Dinner we enjoyed Dead Man Over Worms
This one is my favorite. Especially since it even freaks out Jeremiah. It is so fun when one of the kids say " I just want half an arm" What can be better then that.
We finished off the night after trick-or-treating with some delicious Apple Cider that my Mom whipped up while we were out.
I will say it was a very tasty Halloween.

7 comments:

Bobbi said...

I love it all!! I will have to say that I couldn't have eaten the rabbit brains or the Dead Man over worms though! Lets celebrate Halloween together someday before our kids get too big! We would have so much fun! I am excited to see your costumes!!

Mickelle said...

Have you ever heard of the kitty litter cake? You HAVE to google it. I keep telling Scott one day when we have money I'll make it for us, but I'm not about to go out and buy a kitty litter pan just for that. :)

Jared and Delia said...

EWWW! Those were so AWESOME. I am so using some of those next year. I would love your dinner in a pumpkin recipe!

Christie said...

Very fun!!

Yeah, I was wondering what you cooked in your pumpkin.

Jacki said...

Nice! I have the hot dog mummies on my list for next year. I love hot dogs in crescent rolls, they're the best. And the dinner in a pumpkin has been on our list, if only we didn't have a truckload of chili to eat all weekend. My kids would freak if I called dinner a dead man. FREAK out. Oh and great costumes! You had a whole cast there!

Mimi said...

Sweet love Missy. Man, now that I have a kid I'm going to have to start stepping it up a bit for the holiday celebrations :)

Tiffani said...

Wow, looks like a fun, spooky night! I'm sure your kids enjoyed this special dinner.