Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dinner in a Pumpkin

Since I had two people ask here is the recipe. I had a friend give this to me at least 3-4 years ago. Thanks Rebecca

Dinner in a Pumpkin
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
¾ c diced celery
1/3 c diced green pepper
¾ c diced onion
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
4 oz can mushrooms (optional)
¼ c soy sauce
2 T brown sugar
1 can cream soup( I add 2 cans and I use mushroom)
2 c cooked rice

Cook beef, celery pepper and onion until beef is browned. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Pour into cleaned out pumpkins.
Cook at 350 for 1 ½ hours
Decorate pumpkin with
Black olives steamed carrots
Whole cloves parsley leaves

2 comments:

Christie said...

gracias!

PS You look so pretty in that pic. of you with Jeremiah on the very top of your side bar.

Jared and Delia said...

Yay thanks! SOrry about being slow getting you some recipes made without refined sugar. My SIL is a working mom and hasn't gotten back to me yet. Busy, busy.