Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Girls Camp Here I Come

I am so excited to announce that I get to go to girls camp this year. I have been trying to get back to girls camp for about 11 years now. I get to go as the 3rd year stake leader. I am so excited about this calling and a bit nervous. I was always there having fun with out a lot of responsibility. And now I am going to have a lot of responsibility. I just hope that my girls come to realize, as I did, how neat and what a spiritual experience it is. I am thankful that Heavenly Father has given me this wonderful blessing. I know many are reading this and thinking "Missy your crazy for wanting to go to girls camp". But let me tell you it was one of the best experience of my teen years. Girls camp really help me discover who I was and really brought me close to the Lord. I always look back at that time with fondness. I hope I can help other girls have the same experience that I did. I can't wait.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats. That's exciting. I'm happy for you. I miss you. Call me when you have a minute. It's been forever. Stupid weather.

Mickelle said...

No way! Girls Camp IS awesome. i've pretty much wanted to have that calling since I was twelve. No joke. You'll be AMAZING - truly an inspired calling for you!

Amanda said...

I am so jealous! YAY for getting to go! I hope you have a great time.

Bobbi said...

That is the greatest news! I wish I could go with you, wouldn't that be awesome!!! You are going to be such an awesome example and all the Young Women will feel your love and testimony shining from you! Have lots of fun!! I love you!

Kristin said...

fun times! I can't seem to get out of Primary- I love it too, but I'd really love to get back to Young Women's! Have fun!

Mimi said...

I always LOVED Girls Camp Missy. You have the perfect personality for that calling. Have fun!

Christie said...

YW Camp was always really neat for me, too. That's fun that you get to go. You'll be great with the girls!

Kimmel Tippets said...

I think it's awesome that you're so excited to go to Girl's Camp. When I was a newlywed I was a Beehive Advisor and I got to go up for the day with the rest of the YW Leaders and it was so fun. It would be a really neat experience to get to spend the whole time with the girls, helping them feel the spirit and gain those wonderful experiences that you had!