Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Car Wreck

Yep my first official car wreck. Monday we received a lot of snow. They were predicting about 2-3 inches of snow. I went out around Noon and I measured 3 1/2inches and is was still come down fast. Well I went and picked up the boys and was heading home. I was coming down 12th (which is a pretty big hill) and the people ahead of me started hitting their brakes. I tried hitting mine but they locked. So I tried pumping them, nothing. I realized I was going to hit the truck in front of me if I didn't stop or get out of the way. Luckily there was a bit of a shoulder so I pulled over to the side to miss all the cars I was cruising past, all the while trying to stop. Then I saw a side street so I decided to turn onto there and hit a tree or something just so I could stop or hopefully just stop on my own. Well I wasn't able to make the turn all the way and hit another van that had pull on the road and had gone up on the curb a little. It ended up the truck in front of her started spinning and was about to hit her so she tried pulling out of the way. So she was about 4 cars ahead of me when all this happened. Luckily her car had little damage. Unluckily our car had a lot of damage. The whole front bumper was on the ground and other fun damage. The boys were all pretty shaken up but no was hurt. Thank goodness. We called 911 and waited about 1/2 an hour before the cop got there. I told the boys the car got pretty hurt. Joseph started crying about how much he loved his green van and didn't want a new one. Poor boy. Well we had to wait around for awhile. Jeremiah came and picked up the boys and I right when to tow truck came to take the van away. I have already been in touch with the insurance company and waiting for the damage report. I wish I had my camera with me. I did take a picture with my phone but I have no idea how to get that onto my computer so I can put it up. Today when I was driving the boys home Michael congratulated me for not getting in another car wreck. It is nice to have my boys proud of me.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Poor Missy!! You're doing pretty good if this is only your first accident. I've already been in two. Hopefully it stays that way for the rest of my life.

Stephanie said...

YIKES! Sorry to hear it was so traumatic. I would have been SCREAMING! Good job not getting into another wreck! LOL

Darlene, Brian and Fam said...

That really stinks that you got into a car wreck. I am glad that everybody was not hurt!! I hate driving in the snow!!! I especially hate other drivers in the snow. Good Luck trying to find a new vehicle.

Ann said...

Glad you're all okay!

Katherine said...

That seriously stinks...good luck on finding a new car.