Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Happy 3rd Birthday Isabelle

The Birthday GirlThe Birthday Cake
( I didn't make this one)Examining the cake and Ice creamBig present from Dad and Mom
Isabelle in all her birthday glory.

Isabelle birth story was exciting like all of my kids. Two days before my due date, I talked the doctor into inducing me two days late and since my Mom was coming down to help the next day to help out. He was a little reluctant but said we could try. I got called to go in at 6:30. We made a stop at McDonald's for some breakfast since I never know how long before I get to eat again. When we got to the hospital there was three other women waiting to be brought back for induction. We soon found out that, though they weren't busy when they called, they had a lot of women come into the hospital in full labor. I didn't end up getting induced until 9am. I was in labor for about 4 hours when I realized she was posterior. I decided at that moment that I needed an epidural(thank goodness). Around 2pm I was ready to push. They brought in a respiratory team in because she had a bowel movement by the time they broke my water. So yeah for me 4 more complete strangers to watch me give birth (I had at least 10 watch me with the twins). As I was pushing the doctor tried turning her the right way. As he was turning her, her shoulder got stuck on my pelvic bone. The next thing I knew was the nurse was over me pushing as hard as she could to try to unstick it. They doctor had me continue to push while he pulled. I was so scared and hurt so bad. I just cried as I pushed as hard as I could.
At 2:25pm. Isabelle Melissa was born.
They rushed her over to make sure her breathing was OK. The doctor shouted over to have them check her shoulder because he thought he might have broken it. But of course Isabelle was just fine and perfect. I made Jeremiah go over and make sure she was a girl, even though they already told she was, I wanted Jeremiah to confirm it.
She was 9lbs 6oz and 20 inches long.
And perfect.
She had the chunkiest face and fat rolls on the back of her head.
I have been so blessed to have such a beautiful and fun loving girl in my life. She has blessed us in many ways. Her brothers loved her the minute they met her. And she has always loved them. She has always been Daddy's "baby girl" and knows how to use that to her advantage. She has always kept me busy and amazed me on smart she is. She started walking at 9 months. She was using sentence around 2 and potty trained (mostly by herself) before she was two.
I love you Isabelle and always will.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I love you too Isabelle.