Monday, August 4, 2008

Wedding Cake

My friend Kasey, from work, got married and had her reception this last weekend. Our friend, Ali, and I oftered to make her wedding cake for her. It was a fun and challenging experience since neither one of us have ever done it before. We did many test runs which our family and friend apperciated. Then came the big day to do the real deal.

Ali was amazing and baked off all the cakes Friday night. Then after work we combined our forces at my house and started working on the cake.



The most challenging part was getting
the frosting smooth. Thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law for some good tip of how to do it we had a easy time of it (love ya Shana).



The finished product


The bride and groom

I am not sure if I will ever make a wedding cake again but it was a great experience and Ali and I had way to many laughs over it.

5 comments:

Jenny Timmerman said...

That looks amazing! Missy, you never cease to amaze me.

Rachel Harlin said...

Missy, that looks great!! I made my sister's wedding cake. What a lot of work! And practice!!! You did a great job!

Emma said...

Wow - the finished product is beautiful! I should have had you make mine :) So, how did you make the frosting smooth?

Anonymous said...

The trick is to get the spatula you are using wet with hot water. It smooths out the frosting really well.

Ann said...

A jack of all trades, Missy! Good job!