Friday, July 11, 2008

Would you Date Yourself??????

We had and interesting discussion at work today. One of the girls was telling us how she was listening to the radio and the question asked was if you were looking at yourself as someone else would you want to date yourself. I found this very interesting. I was very sad to realize that I wasn't sure if I would. But it really got me thinking about how I needed to be happy with who I was. I realize that there are things about myself I would love to change. That is when the old saying comes in "God grant me serenity to except the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference". So my new goal in life is to look at myself and love myself. Anyways I wanted to put this up for discussion to see what everyone else thinks.

3 comments:

Universitybabe said...

Hey Missy,
your post got me thinking back to when Andrew and I were just dating and I said I was never going to get old. I look at my day to day life now and sometimes--I am old--but there are days that I live life not worrying about anything that is non-essential. Those are the days that I feel young, young enough that I'd be willing to date myself--need to work on having more of those days and less "old" days.

Mimi said...

I'm not sure anyone would want to date someone exactly like themselves, opposites attract right?! It's very easy to be critical of ourselves because we know everything that goes on in our own heart and mind which isn't true when we look at other people so it's easy to see them with rose colored glasses. Missy I hope you know your da BOMB. And to answer your question I wouldn't want to date myself either, it would be very strange and probably boring.

Elisabeth said...

Hey Missy, think about this- the only date you will never stop having is the one you are having and have always had and will always have with yourself. After all, you are the only person you can't get away from. I agree that the solution is to see yourself more truly- the way God does. Then it's okay to be with yourself- even fun, challenging, heartening, and lovely. I sure love being with you! Mom Muldowney