Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day

May Day has always been a special day for me. I was thinking why I look forward to such a day when most people don't celebrate it or even realize it exsist. I came to a conclusion that is because of my mother. Every year (maybe not every year but that is how I remember it and thats how I like it) my mom would help us make little baskets and we would fill them with flowers and/or treats. Then we would pick who we wanted to bring it to and leave it on their door step, ring the door bell and run. It was always so exciting to me. I realize now that it was my earliest memory of service. My mom was so good about service. She has always been such a good example to me. What a blessing it was to be taught service at a young age and to feel the joy of making others happy. I love you Mom. Thank you for all you have done for me.

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

Oh, I love mom Grissom too--this made me home sick for Casper and your house!!

MomG said...

Thanks for the good memory, Missy. Love you, Mom

LaRene said...

I agree! I think you have a great mom too. See ya soon Missy!!