Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back to Denver

Joseph and I headed back to Denver Tuesday night. We got into Denver just in time to hear president elect Barack Obama give his acceptance speech. Joseph and I had to be at the hospital Wednesday at 6:30 am. This time they were doing an examination under anesthesia.
Joseph giving a thumbs up while waiting to be brought back
In Utah when we would take him in they wouldn't let Jeremiah or I go along. Well, at the Children's hospital in Denver, I was allowed to go with while they were putting him to sleep. I got to wear this beautiful get up and hold him until he was out.

Joseph waking up, afterward, holding tight to his Popsicle.

Dr. Cohen informed me his retina is clear but he still has inflammation around his eyes. They gave him more steroid injections in both eyes. He wanted me to come back to his office in 10 days until I reminded him I lived 4 1/2 hours away. So instead I will be calling him in 10 days to let him know how Joseph is feeling and setting up an appointment to go down again in a month or so.

These were pictures I took on the drive home. They sky was so pretty. Though a lot of parts of Wyoming are ugly there are some really pretty parts of it. On the way home I went through a wind storm and two hail storms. Very exciting. I was happy to get home.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Those pictures of the sky look like one of Dad's paintings. I'm glad Joseph is doing better. Love you guys :)

Leah said...

I am glad to hear that Joseph is getting better. One thing I love about Washington as well are the gorgeous dramatic clouds we get. There is something beautiful about every where, especially those smiles on your kids faces

Jared and Delia said...

You are so brave Missy. Glad Joseph is getting better.

Those pictures are so cool.

Shauna said...

I'm so glad to be able to see you all again. Thanks for sending the link to your blog. Sweet Joseph. You all have a lot of courage. I really hope all is well with his beautiful eyes.