Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quick Trip

We just made a quick trip up to Casper this last week. My Dad had a massive stroke so we went to see him in the Rehab center and try to help out some. Though I am not sure how much help we were since the kids are so busy and inquisative. I have to say it is pretty hard to see your parents hurt like that. But my dad is a trooper and will fight hard to get everything back. We went up Wednesday and Jremiah headed home very early Friday morning then the kids and I headed home on Sunday. It was bitter sweet coming home. It was nice to be back to normalcy but it was really hard leaving my dad and my mom. I am just glad that my brother Daniel and sister Carrie came up the next day to help our.
Isabelle getting tickled by grandpa
My Dad and Me with the quilt I made him

Grandpa and Baby Roman Jeremiah wishing he had another baby of his own

Grandma and Baby Roman in the Rehab room Isabelle with Grandpa
Grandpa and William playing Transformers

Isabelle cheesing it up for the camera
All the kids gathered around Aunt Julia and Baby Roman
Michael with a very uncertain Baby Roman
Isabelle holding Baby Roman
Isabelle checking out the backyard


6 comments:

Mimi said...

Missy, I didn't know your Dad had a stroke! You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys so much and we can't wait to see you in a couple of months :)

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

We heard about your dad's stroke and are hoping and praying for a full recovery. Mike's parents have been up to see him a couple of times so hopefully that lifts his spirits some. Anyway hand in there.

Emma said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he is well on the road to recovery. I'm glad you were able to go visit him.

janet said...

So sorry to hear about your dad.. but glad to know he's recovering! It was so much fun to see you for a minute the other day... and I am excited to keep in touch through blogging. it's the only way these days!

cute, cute kids! I am still waiting for my little girl!

farrers said...

Missy I heard about your Dad, I am sorry! I hope he is doing better!! Also your kids are super cute!! Good job on that one, good luck on the running tommarow!!

Rachel Harlin said...

Missy, it was so good to see you when you were here. My mom talks about you from time to time and it was fun to see your kids. I stumbled across your blog and your kids are adorable. I hope things are doing better for you. Let me know next time you're in town and we'll get together. my blog page is: http://simplyrager.blogspot.com/

I also have a web page because - and get ready for this because I jumped out of my chair when I first learned of it - I am getting one of my books published!!!! YEAH!! Check me out! And of course, tell everyone!

www.rachelrager.com

Love ya!