Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I believe I went Crazy

So this is how it all began. I found a thing about the Freedom run coming up on the fourth of July. You could either walk 1 mile, run a 5k or a 10k. Well I was thinking I haven't run a 5k for about 2 years so this would be good for me. I asked my friend Kirra if she would like to do it with me (she has done a marathon before). Well to make a long story shorter she talked me into running the 10k with her. I am so scared. this is double what I have even raced in. Well so I have decided I really need to start training hard since this is in a MONTH. So I started running everyday, rain or shine. Today was pouring outside. I really didn't want to go but I still did. I ended up pushing myself harder then normal and was very proud and wet by the time I got home. I am still scared about running this 10k but I am actually getting really excited. My only goal is to finish without stopping or walking. Even if I am going so slow people might think 'why doesn't she just walk' I am going to do it. So I will be running a 10k a day before I turn 28. I think that is pretty good since about 10 years ago I would never had done it. For those around Provo come cheer Kirra and I on. We run through the parade route before the parade. For everyone else please pray for me.

8 comments:

Emma said...

You go girl! You have more ambition than I, that's for sure. Good Luck!

Amanda said...

That sounds like a great goal! You're totally going to be able to do it. If we were going to be in town, I'd defintiely come cheer you on. I guess it means I'll have to cheer long-distance. :)

Jenny Timmerman said...

Wow! You are so amazing, Missy!

Go, Missy, go!

Mickelle said...

Wow, sounds awesome! We bought a treadmill and it's seen a bit of use. Not tons, but we're getting there. We keep it in our room (which is where Betsy sleeps) so it's hard to find the time to exercise when she's not needing me AND not sleeping.

Miss you guys -- hopefully we'll get those pics taken soon!

Mimi said...

Missy you're amazing. I don't know how you find the time, especially since you didn't have very long to prepare. I love you pieces. Good luck on your race.

LaRene said...

I so proud of you Missy. That is a great goal. You will have to post sweaty pictures when you are done with the race.

Bobbi said...

I am soo proud of you--seriously? You might have gone crazy!! But what a great accomplishment--you will do great and I am very excited to see you in a couple of weeks!!! I hope you are doing good, our prayers are with you and your mom and dad. We love you all

Elisabeth said...

wow congrats that's amazing! you will do great I'm sure