Thursday, April 24, 2008

Here we go again

Yes I am talking about potty training. This is how it all started; about 3 weeks ago Isabelle decided to start taking off her diaper and sit on the toilet every time she peed in her diaper. Well I didn't think much of it other then that it is great that she doesn't like to be wet. Well a couple days after that she started peeing and pooing in the toilet. Not often enough for me to take away her diaper. But she started refusing to wear her diaper and I would often find her completely naked. So after a few days of letting her wear her brothers underwear (just to see how well she would do) we went and got her very own underwear. I was quickly reminded how much I hate potty training, though Isabelle is so much easier then all three of my boys were.
The negative is this.
1. She won't let me take her potty. If I do she refuses to go.
2. She is wetting her pants about 3 times a day and pooping in them about 1 time a day
3. She is so independent that she won't let me help her put on her underwear and quite often she starts crying because she put her underwear on wrong and she now has a major wedgy.
4. I have more laundry to do.
The positive is this.
1. All I have to do is leave the light to the bathroom on and most of the time she will take herself potty.
2. She stays dry during nap time. (I haven't been brave enough to try the night yet)
3. Even though I have more laudry to do I still am saving money. Since she is so tiny I have to do about 1 load of her wet clothes a week. And before when she was taking off her diaper every time she peed we were going through at least 6 diapers a day which added up to about 5 dollars a week and a load of laudry cost me about $1.75
Needless to say we are in potty training mode again.


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Holy cow, Missy! How old is she? It seems like she's not even 2 yet...

How is Joseph doing today? (It was the left eye today, right?) And, how are you holding up with all of this? I hope everything is going well.

Emma said...

Wow - She looks so little to be potty training! I agree - girls are much easier than boys.

Anonymous said...

Isabelle will be 2 May 11

Jenny Timmerman said...

Emma is potty training now too. (Couldn't bring myself to do it when pregnant or with a new baby even though she was ready.) Is there anything worse than potty training? Even when they're self motivated you are still the one left with the messes.